BLOG 4 FT

Monday, October 26, 2009

"I CRIEd 4 MY BROTHER 6 TIMES" (part 3)

 (cont')

Why is there a villager looking for me? I walked out,
 and saw my brother from afar, His whole body is dirty,
 covered by dust, cement and sands. I asked him, "Why
 don't you tell my roommate that you are my brother?"

 He replied with a smile," Look at my appearance. What
 will they think if they know that I am your brother?
 Don't they laugh at you?"

 I felt so touched, and tears filled my eyes. I swept
 away dusts from my brother's body. And said with a
 lump in my throat, " I don't care of what people say!
 You are my brother no matter what your appearance is?"

 From his pocket, he took out a butterfly hair clip. He
 wore it on me, and said, "I saw all the girls in town
 are wearing it. So, I think you should also have one."

 I could not hold back myself anymore. I pulled my
 brother into my arms and cried and cried.

 That year, my brother was 20 years old; I was 23 years
 old.

 The first time I brought my boyfriend home, the broken
 window had been repaired.And it looked so clean inside
 the house.

 After, my boyfriend went home, I danced like a small
 girl in front of my mother, "Mom, you don't have to
 spend so many time cleaning the house!" But she said
 with a smile," It was your brother who went home early
 to clean the house. Didn't you see the wound on his
 hand? He was injured while replacing the window."
 I went into my brother's small bedroom. Looking at his
 thin face, I felt like there are hundreds of needle
 pricked in my heart.

 I put some ointment on his wound and bandaged it,
 "Does it hurt? " I asked him.

 "No, it doesn't hurt. You know, when I was working in
 the construction site, stones falling on my feet all
 the time. Even that could not stop me from working
 and?"

 In the middle of the sentence, he stopped. I turned my
 back on him and tears rolling down my face.

 That year, my brother was 23 years old; I was 26 years
 old.

 After I got married, I lived in the city. Lots of time
 my husband invited my parents to come and live with
 us, but they didn't want.

 They said, once they left the village,they didn't know
 what to do.

 My brother also didn't agree, he said, "Sis, you just
 taking care of your parents-in-law. I will take care
 of mom and dad here."

 My husband became the director of his factory. We
 wanted my brother to get the job as the manager in the
 department of maintenance. But my brother rejected the
 offer. He insisted on starting to work as a reparation
 worker.
 One day, my brother was on the top of a ladder
 repairing a cable, when he got electrocuted, and was
 sent to the hospital.

 My husband and I visited him. Looked at the white
 gypsum on his leg, I grumbled,"Why did you reject to
 be a manager? Manager will not do something dangerous
 like this. Look at you now, such a serious injury. Why
 you didn't want to listen to us?"

 With a serious _expression on his face, he defended on
 his decision, "Think of brother-in-law?he just became
 the director, and I almost uneducated. If I became the
 manager, what kind of rumors will fly around?"

 My husband's eyes filled up with tears, and then I
 said, "But you lack in education also because of me!"

 "Why talking about the past?" My brother held my hand.

 That year, he was 26 years old and I was 29 years old.



(cont')

0 comments:

BLOG 4 FT


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Volkswagen Cars. Powered by Blogger