BLOG 4 FT

Sunday, October 25, 2009

"I CRIEd 4 MY BROTHER 6 TIMES" (part 2)

 (cont')

 Years gone by, but the incident still looked like it
 just happened yesterday.

 I will never forget my brother's _expression when he
 protected me.

 That year, my brother was 8 years old; I was 11 years
 old.

 When my brother was in his last year of his lower
 secondary school, he was accepted in an upper
 secondary school in the central. At the same time, I
 was accepted into a province's university.

 That night, father squatted in the yard, smoking,
 packet by packet.

 I could hear him said, "Both our children have good
 results? very good results?"

 Mother wiped off her tears and sighed," What is the
 use? How can we possibly finance both of them?"

 At that time, my brother walked out, he stood in front
 of father and said,"Dad, I don't want to continue my
 study anymore, I have read enough books."

 Father swung his hand and slapped brother on his face.

 "Why do you have a spirit so damn weak? Even if it
 means I have to beg for money on the streets, I will
 send you two to school until you both finish your
 study!"

 And then, he started to knock on every house in the
 village to borrow money.

 I stuck out my hand as soft as I can to my brother's
 swollen face, and said, "A boy has to continue his
 study; If not, he will not be able to leave this
 depths of poverty."

 Me, on the other hand, had decided not to further my
 study to university.

 Who knows on the next day, before dawn, my brother
 left the house with a few pieces of worn-out clothes
 and a few dry beans. He sneaked to the side of my bed
 and left a note on my pillow;
 "Sis, get into an university is not easy. I will go
 find a job and send money to you."

 I held the note while sitting on my bed, and cried
 until I lost my voice.

 That year, my brother was 17 years old; I was 20 years
 old. With the money father borrowed from the whole
 village, and money my brother earned from carrying
 cement on his back at construction site,finally, I
 managed to get to the third year of my study in the
 university.

 One day, I was studying in my room, when my roommate
 came in and told me,"There's a villager wait for you
 outside!"


 (cont')

0 comments:

BLOG 4 FT


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Volkswagen Cars. Powered by Blogger